RE: Ruleset for W32(_dot_)Swen(_dot_)A(_at_)mm?

2003-09-19 11:01:41
On 19 Sep 2003 Gary Funck (gary(_at_)intrepid(_dot_)com) wrote:
On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 10:31:00AM +0000, Klaus Johannes Rusch wrote:
Has anyone written a solid recipe to catch W32(_dot_)Swen(_dot_)A(_at_)mm
(aka
W32/Gibe-F) yet?

Of course.  And the old virus snaggers posted in the archives
from years ago continue to work, as well.

See a public version of what I use, at
http://www.spamless.us/pub/procmail/virussnag

I tried this out, and it doesn't seem to catch the latest M$FT  update hoax.

It's working for me and it even inspired me to add a new section
to my Procmail Quick Start called "Snagging Viruses", which is
here:

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/#viruses>

In this section, I list a few things that you need to check in
Dallman's virussnag file. Maybe they will help you to figure out
why it's not working for you Gary. Also, set VERBOSE=YES and see
if the log file gives you any clues.

Thank you Dallman for your Virus Snaggers!
All feedback on my Quick Start is welcome,
Nancy

--
Nancy McGough            <http://www.ii.com>            Infinite Ink
Writing about procmail, imap, pine, spam-deflexion strategies & more