Re: Recipe problem

2003-10-07 09:57:44
Toen ik Chuck Campbell kietelde, kwam er dit uit:
Ruud:
Chuck:

With '^SENDER' I think you mean '^Sender:'.

I didn't realise this was case sensitive, I've changed that.

The casing was not relevant (see man procmailrc, the D-flag).
The colon could be, ^SENDER also matches a header like
"Sender-something:".

Your 'l*' at the end means: 0 or more el-s.

removed, I was attempting to catch things like linux-kernel-owner and
linux-kernel.

Only when MATCHing (with the \/-operator), you can need a ".*" at the end.

  :0:
  $MATCH

I thought all the X-..... headers are optionally inserted by various
programs.  Is X-Mailing-List: guaranteed to be there from any mailing
list these days?

No, that's why I mentioned the more complete recipe.
If you want to match List, X-List, Mailing-List and X-Mailing-List,
use ^(X-)?(Mailing-)?List:

Where is this list archived?  I don't have any saved recent messages
with this thread subject.

I meant this message:
  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.procmail/8700

There are several procmail-archives, google: procmail archive

A searchable archive is mentioned on http://www.procmail.org/

--
Affijn, Ruud