Re: Recipe problem

2003-10-07 10:29:55
At 10:43 2003-10-07 -0500, Chuck Campbell wrote:
On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 04:31:46PM +0200, Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:
> Toen ik Chuck Campbell kietelde, kwam er dit uit:
>
> With '^SENDER' I think you mean '^Sender:'.

I didn't realise this was case sensitive, I've changed that.

Procmail isn't case-sensitive unless you specifiy a flag for that. The significant difference between the two strings above is that the latter has a trailing COLON. I'm guessing that the all-uppercase token of ^SENDER was confused by someone (perhaps yourself) as a REGEXP like ^TO and ^FROM_DAEMON. By specifiying the corrected string (with colon) in mixed case, it lessens the likelyhood of that misinterpretation.

removed, I was attempting to catch things like linux-kernel-owner and
linux-kernel.

"linux-kernel" will match either.

I thought all the X-..... headers are optionally inserted by various
programs.  Is X-Mailing-List: guaranteed to be there from any mailing list
these days?

Not guaranteed. However, for any _GIVEN_ list, you should be able to discern identifiers in the headers ase used BY THAT LIST.

If you use the generic list identifier I posted, you generally don't have to worry about when a list might migrate from one software package to another, since the generic nature of the matching operation will match a variety of forms and present you with the listname component part.

Where is this list archived?

You might try hitting <http://www.procmail.org> and poking around...