Re: process leak?

2003-10-13 21:17:23
At 15:05 -0700 2003-10-13, PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org
(Professional Software
Engineering wrote:
Before you _deliberately_ cc: me again, please take the time to note the
simple request in my .sig, and that the Reply-To: is set that way for a
reason.

Having a bad day are we?

One user, out of over a dozen who use procmail to handle their mail.

Well, there's a little clue.  That one user is obviously doing something
improperly.

Not that I can see. His .procmailrc matches mine. I know because I copied
mine to make his.

An experienced admin might choose to add a verbose log setting to the

It gets too big. DOn't cast aspersions on my experience when you don't know
me.

Contents of mailboxes being updated, perhaps for all users except for the
one who is apparently generating a mail loop is a good indication.

He's not generating a mail loop and he is getting mail.

I could go on and on, but I think _some_ sleuthing on your part would be
appropriate.

How do you know we didn't?

The same omnipotence that allows us to answer questions when not provided

--
- Vicki

Vicki Brown      ZZZ                Journeyman Sourceror:
P.O. Box 1269       zz  |\     _,,,---,,_      Scripts & Philtres
San Bruno, CA 94066  zz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_     Perl, Unix, MacOS
http://www.cfcl.com    |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' http://www.cfcl.com/vlb