Re: Trouble with procmailex recipe, half FIXED

2003-10-22 10:32:24
Adrian Simmons wrote:
Just to re-iterate, these errors don't appear every time procmail is run, just on some occasions.
Turns out that for my user 'adrian' the error was happening every time, I inserted a coule of LOG entries between each recipe in my ~/.procmailrc to give this:

22/10/2003 17:40:18 - backup messages
procmail: Unable to treat as directory ""
22/10/2003 17:40:18 - clean out backup

Which pins the problem to the procmailex recipe for backup:

:0 c
backup

On a hunch I changed the parent directory name, it was, with full path:
/Users/adrian/Library/Mail_Spool/backup

its now:
/Users/adrian/Library/Mailspool/backup

and *ta-da!* the error is gone, for 3 fetchmail collections at least. Though, as far as I can tell the backup was working despite this error occuring for every new message. Bizarre. Some weird freakout between OSX and procmail perhaps?

Onto working on my other user now, with the errors like:
procmail: Couldn't create or rename temp file "backup/msg.d--p"

Thanks everyone for your suggestions thus far.

Adrian