Re: Trouble with procmailex recipe

2003-10-21 15:07:55
David W. Tamkin wrote:

(exactly as the code in the procmailex(5) man page recommends),
Indeed.

The recipe is correct with no foreslash and no local lockfile.
Thanks for that David, I was about to go tinkering, though not before re-reading some of the procmail man files.

Here's some details from the verbose logs of two users I'm using that code for, both exhibiting the error message I mentioned.
The verbose log doesn't seem much more helpful:

User one:

procmail: Couldn't create or rename temp file "backup/msg.fDzp"
procmail: Executing " cd backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,50d`"

And from the other user:

procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
procmail: Unable to treat as directory ""
procmail: Executing " cd backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,32d`"

Just to re-iterate, these errors don't appear every time procmail is run, just on some occasions.

Adrian