Re: Trouble with procmailex recipe

2003-10-21 10:46:37
Adrian asked,

I'm also thinking I'd like all the messages in a single file, mbox
format, I'd have to remove the current directory and create the file and
use a rule like this for the backup, right?

:0 c
$PMDIR/backup

But then how would I limit the number of backed-up messages? Anybody got
a recipe they could share?

Check the list archives. It's been discussed before, and to be honest, the code is much simpler to keep the backed-up messages in individual files and delete the oldest than to keep updating a single mbox. Even counting the messages already stored in an mbox can be a pain. It was actually easier to write it with new messages added at the beginning than at the end.