Re: recipe help

2003-11-05 06:41:18
On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, David W. Tamkin wrote:

Now wait a moment, Udi.  There's *no* way I'd have written code like that!

        I must apologize to David and Christopher.  I cut n paste an old
        recipe that works for a long time instead of sending David's answer:
        http://info.ccone.at/INFO/Mail-Archives/procmail/May-2002/msg00053.html
        I not remmember what drive me to "decorate" the recipe it was in the
        time when I was new in procmail and ... it works.

        Christopher

    David Tamkin helped me to solve this problem in the past:

but not like this:

 1  :0 H
 2  {
 3        :0
 4        SUBJECT=| formail -XSubject:
 5
 6        :0
 7        *$ ^$\SUBJECT
 8    * ^Subject:.*Out of the Office
 9        /where/is/officer
10  }

Opening braces unconditionally -- unless you're cloning -- makes no
sense; just put the code outside braces.

An `H' flag on an uncondition response makes no sense either, and in
some versions of procmail it can be poison.

        I have no problem with "H" and I do braces in my procmailrc
        to make it easy to read.  Is it more then styll problem?

[...]

Bye,
 Udi