Re: recipe help

2003-11-04 06:55:10

OK.  Someone creates a .vacation file to tack "(Out of the Office)" to
the end of a subject line.  The subject line is already most of the 80
characters.  So sendmail "helpfully" breaks the subject line into two
lines at a word break, and that word break is in the middle of the (Out
of the Office).  Just like what my mailer did to the body of this
message.

So "Out
of the Office" does not match the rule "Out of the Office", so it is not
filed correctly.

Christopher

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Christopher L. Barnard wrote:

CLB> Seeing this post reminds me that I should ask about a problem that
CLB> happens very rarely.  The auto-unfolding of headers sometimes causes
CLB> "Out of the Office" to appear on multiple lines and therefore not be
CLB> caught by my oot recipe.  Is there a way to tell procmail *not* to
CLB> unfold a particular header?

I don't follow the logic of that.  If headers containing line breaks are
unfolded into a single line, how can it cause the phrase to appear on
multiple lines?

Perhaps you could show an example?

Alan