Re: Problem subscribing

2003-11-28 01:42:13
Professional Software Engineering said:

Assuming this gets through, I've attempted to subscribe several times with
no success.

Addresses tried:
  procmail-request(_at_)lists(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de
  procmail-request(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de
  procmail-request(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org
  procmail-users-request(_at_)lists(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de

What am I missing?

I dunno.  You're currently listed as a subscriber at the address you posted
from, though the mailman interface doesn't log date information with
subscribers.  There are no pending administrative requests for the procmail
list.

procmail.org had some mail problems way back when.  Informatik hasn't been
the correct mail host in something like 2 years I think.  That fourth
address you used isn't correct (frankly, looks like you mixed up the
username portion with the one sent to the procmail.org domain, since the
list alias there was procmail-users).

Have you considered going to the webpage for subscriptions:

There are definitely some problems with the procmail list subscription. A
few months ago I changed email accounts, and had to "re-subscribe". I was
unable to subscribe via mail; I finally stumbled upon the webpage
subscription, and that's the only reason I'm here today :)

First and foremost, it would clear things up tremendously if the website for
registration were prominently displayed. Beyond that, if anyone's interested
I'll try to locate all of the bounced messages / failed deliveries from my
earlier attempts to subscribe via email.

Best Rgds,
Jay