Re: RE. Re: Folder problem

2004-01-21 06:39:29
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:43:32 -0800
Professional Software Engineering said something about Re: RE. Re: Folder
problem:

# sendmail program information (from procmail's $SENDMAIL):
4755 1 root root 733004 Sat Jan 10 02:08:18 2004 /usr/sbin/sendmail
exim: malformed debug_selector setting: + or - expected but found "0"

Well, that's informative - you're running exim as your MTA.

# Determining Mlocal via sendmail diagnostic invocation
exim: malformed debug_selector setting: + or - expected but found "0.15"
NOTE: procmail doesn't appear to be the LDA

(nor does Sendmail appear to be the MTA, which is the only MTA for which
the diag script knows how to parse the config data for).  If someone
familiar with non-sendmail MTAs could provide me with some information
on
how to determine if procmail is configured as the LDA under them, I'd
appreciate it.

Here's the section of my /etc/exim/exim.conf that says exim is to pipe
through procmail if a ~/.procmailrc exists. I suppose another director
would be present if one wanted to use an /etc/procmailrc with a:

require_files = /etc/procmailrc:+/usr/bin/procmail

as the only difference.

# This director runs procmail for users who have a .procmailrc file

procmail:
  driver = localuser
  transport = procmail_pipe
  require_files = ${local_part}:+${home}:+${home}/.procmailrc:+/usr/bin/procmail
  no_verify

Of course 'exim.conf' would have to be located. My debian distro puts it in
/etc/exim/ but other distros may put it straight in /etc/.

Gerald V. Livingston II

Configure your Email to send TEXT ONLY -- See the following page:
http://expita.com/nomime.html