Spam

2004-02-03 12:20:00
Dear all,

may be this question is quite offlist, but...

How is it possible, the Internet providers running antispam/antivirus
protection SW, have accuracy about 99 % with their anti-spam rules ?
As for viruses I removed about 100 % from incomming mails by using RAV
Antivirus for Sendmail. Spam, it's other question...
I'm working hard against it - I've started 4 blacklists checks in Sendmail,
SpamAssassin, Procmail rules but my accuracy is still up to 70 % and a lot
of spam is still comming into our company mailboxes.

Does anybody know EXACT SEQUENCE what software/daemons/rules to setup on
mailserver to finally get spam out ? Or is it still trial / failure method
for anybody who need it ?

Is there some special software users should buy to protect themselves
against spam ? As for me, money are less crucial than high protection. And
spam is too annoying to leave it henceforth...

Sorry for my english, I still can not speak as I would like to.

Peter Rosa