Re: Converting mmm to mm

2004-02-04 16:18:04
At 21:30 2004-02-04 +0000, Robert Arnold wrote:
Is it necessary to extract the date from the received header, or can
you just accept the month/year of processing via procmail?  That
would make it more manageable, because you could just:

This gets ugly when you reprocess an old mailbox, and as indicated, 'date' is a shell utility, which is external to procmail and thus something he can't rely on (though of all things, that one is a goofy one not to have <g>). As explained in another post already, date can be used to convert a message date into numeric form. This is the principle behind some date validation and message 'staleness' code which has been posted to this list in the past (which, JFTR, uses the Date: header and the date from the From_ line, rather than the current system date, so it's wholly compatible with reprocessed mbx mailboxes).