Re: Converting from MH to mbox?

2004-02-09 13:08:18
On 09 Feb 2004, at 08:40, David W. Tamkin wrote:
Dallman's pretty much said what I was thinking. Instead of concatenating the lot and trying to get formail -des to guess where one file ended and the next began, let formail know where the boundaries were.

And -a Date: won't help; just let formail generate a From_ line with the current date and time.

Current date and time is not acceptable. Some of this email goes back 10 years.

By default, formail will make sure there are From_ headers and trailing blank lines and will escape any occurrences of ^From( ) in the bodies.

I think the best way to deal with this is to actually install nmh and use it's builtin packf script. More trouble than I really wanted to go to, but in this case it appears to be the only workable option.

Thanks for the suggestions from all though, gave me a lot to read through.

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup