Re: Converting from MH to mbox?

2004-02-09 18:04:42
On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 02:44:03PM -0600, David W. Tamkin wrote:

Kreemy followed up,

Current date and time is not acceptable.  Some of this email goes
back 10 years.

If you have GNU date or another date(1) that supports the -d switch,
perhaps you can extract the timestamp of the original delivery from
the topmost Received: header and have GNU date rewrite it in the
proper form for a From_ line.

One thing that occurs to me is that if the original folders are
actually intact from the original delivery, then their filestamp
is a good source for ascertaining date with a correct format.
GNU date has an option to apply the date from a specific file
stamp.  I actually use this when I'm touching (timestamping)
my whitelist file-hash.

---
dman (Virus Snaggers now at ver. 1.5.0, released 7 Feb. 2004)