Re: [pro] Re: Real Virus Scanner

2004-02-11 20:04:49
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Scott Wiersdorf wrote:
    :0
    VIRUS=|/usr/bin/clamscan --mbox --disable-summary --stdout  -

We were also wondering what the semantic difference between the above
and backticks would be:

    VIRUS=`/usr/bin/clamscan --mbox --disable-summary --stdout  -`

I know that if you use a pipe for the action/destination of a recipe,
procmail feeds the message to the standard input of the pipe. But does it
also feed a copy of the message to the standard input of anything that
runs in backticks?

- Charles