Re: Searchable arhive broken? (was Re: Real Virus Scanner)

2004-02-12 16:27:33
At 16:45 2004-02-12 -0500, Bob George wrote:
OK, is it just me, or is the search at
http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/procmail/ broken?

I get zero results.

It helps if you indicate that you conducted a specific search (such as "virus"), and that the engine returned "found 0 matches in 0 files." That's more indicative of a failure - as written, unless I rush off to check it myself, I could sumise that perhaps you just entered a bad query and got an empty set in return, which isn't indicative of anything being broken.

Indeed, it seems their search index may be corrupted. I don't know when they rebuild the search indexes (quite likelt on a nightly basis), but I imagine that when they do, the search facility will return.

Note that the thread indexes, etc are still functional, and at the moment, they show the previous message to yours in there already, so you can obviously still browse, and use your browser to search for related stuff via subject keywords.