Re: Procmail Received From Recipe failure

2004-02-14 11:16:20
At 17:20 2004-02-14 +0100, Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:

You did not put a trailing slash on the end of the name.
See man procmailrc and look for maildir.

I posted a summary of the different 'dir' format syntaxes last week under the heading "Recipe Correct" - if the non-slash-terminated filename turns out to be a directory, procmail will use MH format (which is disctinctly different from maildir format, FTR), but it uses a different filenaming scheme than when you specify:

        dirname/.

However, without a comment to that effect there with the recipe, the recipe looks like a regular mbox delivery. While I acknowledge Marvin's recognition that I perhaps deal with too many configurations to remember the details of any one user on this list, I submit that *EVERYONE* here has their own stuff to keep track of, so tracking how any one other user does something is unlikely. If you need help, you need to be clear on the details.

Besides, copy that recipe to another system, without the notation that it's a directory (that needs to be created first) instead of a file, will lead to trouble (like some chap that finds it in the archives along with a comment like "this works").