Re: Duplicates sent from lists

2004-02-17 08:15:49
Dallman suggested for Kreemy,

>    COMMON_LISTS_OF_MINE = (foo|bar|procmail)
>    :0
>    * LISTNAME ?? ^^^^
>    * $ ^(^To|Cc):(.*\<)?$COMMON_LISTS_OF_MINE
>    { HOST = fscking_courtesy_copy_grumble_grumble }

and you'd better pray that the listserver is up and not backlogged, or you'll never see either copy of the reply.

Kreem's original question was,

What I want is something that says "Trash this message but let the

To take that out of context,

:0
* conditions for caring about it
{
 size1=some_number
 size2=some_number

 :0: # local lockfile during testing phase
 * ! ? formail -D cache1 $size1
 firstarrivals # change to /dev/null or { HOST } when fully tested

 :0E: # was dupe in cache1 but is new in cache2
 * ! ? formail -D cache2 $size2
 secondarrivals

 :0E: # local lockfile during testing phase
 thirdandlaterarrivals # change as above when fully tested
}

When you're cocky enough about its operation, change firstarrivals and thirdandlaterarrivals to /dev/null (or HOST misassignments) and remove the local lockfile requests from their recipes.