Re: Duplicates sent from lists

2004-02-18 11:41:58
Bart Schaefer wrote:

It turns out that this single command works:

 formail -iMessage-Id: -R List-Post: Message-Id: -D 1024 listpost.cache

So one *can* cache any header, by renaming it Message-Id: with -R.

Yes, as I had said in the meantime. The trick is that one has to use -i and not -I, or formail will remove the Message-Id: header that used to be List-Post: along with the original Message-Id:.

Where Dallman had,

formail -iMessage-Id: -R List-Post: Message-Id: -D 1024 listpost.cache \
        -R Message-Id: Listpost: -R Old-Message-Id: Message-ID:

Bart asked Dallman,

Did you really mean to rename List-Post as Listpost, there?

I'm guessing he didn't.

However, what's the point of attempting to restore the old header state?
AFAICT, -D always causes the output to be thrown away, so you can't use
this in a filter.

I was thinking the same thing: that Dallman was posting as if it were a filter, and it isn't.