Re: Duplicates sent from lists

2004-02-18 16:53:40
Dallman wrote,

I don't understand that comment.  I just tried it with -I, and
it worked just the same for me.

 :0:
 * ? formail -IMessage-Id: -R List-Post: Message-Id: -D 1024 listpost.cache
 incache

 :0:
 notincache

That's a surprise.  I know that in the past,

  formail -I header1: -R header2: header1:

would rename first and delete next, so that all occurrences of header1: and all of header2: would be removed. I lamented that it would be easier on human minds if formail processed its arguments in command-line order, but Philip said that it simply could not make multiple passes over the input, so that was impossible.

Granted, I'd never tried it in conjunction with -D, but there never seemed to be an intermediate stage where the original header1:'s were already gone but the header2:'s were named to header1: yet were still around.