Re: varname=| construct broken?

2004-02-20 14:12:25
On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 01:25:22PM -0700, Ian D. wrote:

I can't get this to work at all.  I've tried procmail 3.15.2 on Solaris 8
and procmail 3.22 on Redhat 8, same results on both.

:0h
FROM=| formail -xFrom:

procmail: Assigning "FROM="   <=========================WHY BLANK???

As Bart said, there could be a problem with the instance of procmail
running on your system.  There is a bug with certain compiles and
certain systems.  However, jsut because the log shows blank there
does *not* mean there is a problem.  That's how the log looks
normally on pipe-assignment recipes.  You can see the actual
value in the log by typing in your rc,

   LOG = "
   FROM is $FROM
   "

Also, if you *do* have a procmail binary that has a problem with
the assignment syntax, you can still do it this way:

   FROM = `formail -xFrom:`

--
dman