Re: counting message size from two different relays

2004-02-25 10:26:56
Professional Software Engineering wrote:

Here's an alternative version of what I posted earlier.  This would ensure
that the received: header which it is operating on is the TOPMOST (i.e.
where it relayed to your server):

# you might rather anchor the second condition to the beginning of the
# variable, or prefix the match operator with a word delimiter regexp if you
# want to match multiple hosts at a given domain)
:0
* 9876543210^0 ^Received: from \/[^     ]*
* MATCH ?? ()\/(server\.tld|server2\.tld)
        * 1^1 H ?? > 1
        * 1^1 B ?? > 1
        {
                PM_SCORE=$=
                IGNORE=`echo "  Folder: $MATCH  $PM_SCORE" >> stats.log`

Thanks again for your solutions. they both work fine.
Unfortunately I described my situation not exactly so that there is a little
problem.
On my mailserver I get mail for two domains. The MX record for the first domain
points to my mailserver. The MX record for the second domain points to a mail
relay.
Your script works fine for the latter situation but not for the former one.
On the mailserver there is also the internal traffic which I don't want to
count or which should
be summarized also separately.
Finally I want to summarize the size of mails comming from the mail relay and
the size of mails
coming from outside directly to my server each in a separate sum.

I apologize for my missleading first description.

Could you please help me once more.

Thanks in advance

Michael

|   AED-SICAD Aktiengesellschaft |   EMail :
Michael(_dot_)Meltzer(_at_)aed-sicad(_dot_)de  |
|   Lilienthal-Str. 7            |   Phone : +49-89-45026-108              |
|   85579 Neubiberg              |   Fax   : +49-89-45026-113              |