Re: Running user procmailrc

2004-03-23 05:20:34
On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 22:51, Scott Wiersdorf wrote:

You can still add per-user filters in the .procmailrc files, just
don't deliver to $DEFAULT in the main procmailrc file. Re-order your
recipes (this may also require rewriting some recipes, depending on
your logic) so that the delivery is implicit when the message "falls
off the end" of the procmailrc file.

This way, users w/o .procmailrc files will have normal delivery (i.e.,
mail is always delivered to $DEFAULT in the absence of another
delivering recipe), while those who do have .procmailrc files will
have the mail processed by them.

No problem and thanks for the reply.  Then I will restructure the global
procmailrc to get what I really want.  Something like:

1) Load varables for testing for specific mailing lists
2) If mailing list, do nothing (fall through to end),
    Else call spamc
3) If definitely spam mail, deliver to definitely spam mailbox
    Else if probably spam mail, deliver to probably spam mailbox.

I will go read the man pages again.

Thanks, Alex