Re: Running user procmailrc

2004-03-23 08:26:59
Dallman Ross wrote:
> [...]
Yes, but I believe this in the /etc/procmailrc file will accomplish
the above as well:

   :0
   * something here
   { SWITCHRC }

Not tested, but I'd be shocked if that didn't do it; and
I'm certain privs are dropped when we leave the file that
had elevated privs.

I have used that, and yes it does work. Control moves to the ~/.procmailrc (if present).

The behavior of DROPPRIVS may well be a compile or platform issue. I notice that when running procmail, it ONLY seems to run with normal user rights (debian testing/sarge linux) -- at least based on casual testing. It can't hurt to be specific with it in any case, and I put it at the top of /etc/procmailrc.

- Bob