Re: How to generate a virus warning to the recipient(s)?

2004-05-11 10:15:18
At 09:26 2004-05-11 +0200, Oliver Thiele wrote:

I tried the "truncate the body" method:

[snip]

This only works well for mails without an attachement.

Uhm, the VIRUSNAME bit has to do with having identified some sort of potential virus/malware in the message (which is the purpose of that rcfile). However, in some cases, such things are identified by other characteristics - SNOWWHITE for instance is flagged simply because of the characteristic From: line. How are you setting "VIRUSNAME" ?

What happens when the recipe appears not to work?

If the mails have an attachement the body will be cleaned but the echo text won' t be inserted. Instead an empty mail will be delivered. Does anybody have any suggestions on this?

Yes - make sure you're not reporting a problem because you crammed this recipe into your /etc/procmailrc and the problem is related to users who have an inoperable SHELL.

If you use /etc/procmailrc, you should really define a temporary shell to contend with actions which require a shell when the USER may not actually have one. Similarly, you should ensure that this shell (and other variables you may have redefined) is reset when you leave the /etc/procmailrc, so as to provide the user with a consistent environment.

Do you have this problem when you run the recipe within a sandbox? What do your VERBOSE logs have to say?