Re: How to generate a virus warning to the recipient(s)?

2004-05-11 13:23:09
Thanks for your answer, but I'm having problem with some explanations. For easier understanding I put some logging below.

Every user has his own .procmailrc. Here is the interesting part:

INCLUDERC=${SBDIR}/sb.rc

###### Virus #####
:0bfi
| /usr/bin/head -n 0 && echo "Mail body was deleted because of a virus"

:0:
| ${FORMAIL} -A"X-Folder: Virus" >>${VIRUSFOLDER}

-

The problem here is not the echo text, it's simply not inserted when the mail has an attachement.

For example, I mailed myself a "w32.netsky.p" virus. The procmail log says:

Assigning "DANGEROUS=yes"
procmail: Match on "yes"
procmail: No match on "yes"
procmail: Executing "/usr/bin/formail,-AX-SBClass: Virus"
procmail: No match on "FILE"
procmail: No match on "MH"
procmail: No match on "yes"
procmail: No match on "yes"
procmail: No match on "yes"
procmail: No match on "yes"
procmail: Match on ! "yes"
procmail: Match on ! "yes"
procmail: No match on ! "yes"
procmail: Assigning "LINEBUF=4096"
procmail: No match on "yes"
procmail: Match on "^(X-SBCLASS: Virus|X-Virus-Status: Yes)"
procmail: Executing " /usr/bin/head -n 0 && echo "Mail body was deleted because of a virus""
procmail: Match on "^(X-SBCLASS: Virus|X-Virus-Status: Yes)"
procmail: Locking "/home/thiele/Viren.lock"
procmail: Executing " ${FORMAIL} -A"X-Folder: Virus" >>${VIRUSFOLDER}"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER= ${FORMAIL} -A"X-Folder: Virus" >>${VIRUSFOLDER}"
procmail: Unlocking "/home/thiele/Viren.lock"
procmail: Notified comsat: "thiele@:/home/thiele/ ${FORMAIL} -A"X-Folder: Virus" >>${VIRUSFOLDER}"