Re: PROCMAIL NOT CONFIGURED WITH SENDMAIL

2004-05-17 08:20:10
At 16:02 2004-05-17 +0200, Dallman Ross wrote:
And what's the problem with it?  It looks to me like
it should work.

Agreed, though there's no indication given here as to where the procmailrc file is (user account, /etc/procmailrc, ?), what the permissions are, and whether procmail is even being invoked on it in the first place.

OP: head to the link in my .sig and then download, review, and run the procdiag script, which may provide additional insight on file permissions and other common faults.

The second forward operation has me wondering - is "myhost.mydom" supposed to be the CURRENT host? If so, what is the reason for forwarding the message instead of dropping it through to the account it was delivered to (which could just be an alias). While I readily admit there are times where having some mail arrive at a separate account (or really, if all messages ultimatley get forwarded from it, then use of an alias pipeline in the MTA to just invoke procmail on an /etc/procmailrcs/somefile.rc script to handle mail), it is generally unnecessary.