Re: PROCMAIL NOT CONFIGURED WITH SENDMAIL

2004-05-18 22:39:15
At 10:35 2004-05-19 +0530, the great white cracker wrote:

Thanks for your tip but i still got problem with forwarding,the mail dont get forwarded to some other recepient if recepie is matched the log file is attached with the mail.

Consider pasting the damn thing INLINE to the message next time. Replying to messages where the important part isn't inline to the message is a rotten bother for most people.

What happens when you manually run the sendmail invocation as you see in the log? as in, take a saved message and redirect it into sendmail:

        /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi someuser(_at_)theirdomain(_dot_)tld <
saved_message_file

Have you inspected the system maillog?  How about the mailqueue?

Are you actually running sendmail, or some other MTA that provides a bogus sendmail shell, which might be barfing on the common syntax above?

If you manually invoke it as above, and the message doesn't arrive (and certainly doesn't show up in the system maillog), then the problem sure as fsck isn't procmail, and you need to diagnose your MTA problems.