procmail v3.22 moving to fedora and postfix

2004-05-17 09:09:05

        We want to move from RedHat7.2 to Fedora and I found some
        questions.  When I run procmail -v I see that the version of
        procmail in Fedora is like our current procmail: v3.22 2001/09/10
        But the Locking Strategies are different:

in RedHat7.2:  dotlocking, fcntl(), lockf(), flock()
in Fedora:     dotlocking, fcntl()

        Another question is about the set-uid bit.  In RedHat7.2 we
        work with Sendmail and procmail is set-uid.  In Fedora, I found
        that procmail is not set-uided and postfix (a very new for me)
        runs as a user named "postfix", what makes all things difficult.

        and last (not importmant) I found that in Fedora LOGABSTRACT=all
        doesn't work - it must be LOGABSTRACT=yes  (???)

        Yet, I left the lock as is, but I set on the set-uid.  I still
        fill confused and appreciate any input from you.

Bye,
 Udi