Duplicates?

2004-05-18 00:22:46
Thanks to everyone for help. My system is now running very nicely.
But, I have a couple of questions left which I send separately.

Q1. Trying to avoid email duplication and I seen several recipe showing
what to do but I'm uncertain as to which is correct and could use some
advice (my version of procmail is 3.22-9):

I'm using this:
#DUPLICATE MAILS
:0 Wh msgid.lock
| formail -D 8192 msgid.cache
:0 a
{
  LOG="ACCEPTED MAIL (duplicates rule) - "
  :0
    duplicates/
}

but my log says:
        procmail: Skipped "msgid.lock"

I've seen these:
# Remove duplicate mails (older formail)
:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| (/bin/sed -e 's/^Message-ID:  /Message-Id: /') |
/usr/local/bin/formail \
-D 8192 $PMDIR/msgid.cache
# traps duplicateg message ids after stabilizing
# case and leading white spaces. :(

# Remove duplicate mails (newer formail)
:0 Wh: duplicates.lock
* ?formail -D 65536 msgid.cache
duplicates
# traps duplicate message ids in a 64kb cache regardless
# of case or leading white spaces. :-)

# --- handle duplicate email ---
#
MESG_ID=mesg_id.cache