Re: Simplifying a Recipe?

2004-05-18 00:38:33
On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 16:37, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 16:25 2004-05-18 +1000, Marvin Pierce wrote:
Your rc.furrin rule seems to be quite busy!

By that, I presume you mean that it is catching a lot of cruft for you?

Keep in mind that I use it with a SPAMMISHNESS approach - that is, it isn't
an absolute that a message is spam merely because the furrin ruleset
matched (though I certainly have the spammishness scoring high with
it).  In particular, many non-English encodings INCORPORATE english (Latin)
charactera and therefore can be used to correspond in English just fine.

I don't personally do much one-on-one exchanges with such people (though I
exchange quite a bit with people outside of the US), though some discussion
lists I'm on seem to have a number of contributors who have non-western
encodings.

I appreciate it and I'm in Melbourne Australia.