Re: Mailbox type / Folders

2004-05-18 07:40:22
On Tue, 18 May 2004, bob wrote:

I am using imap (2002d), sendmail (8.12.10/8.12.10), fetchmail (6.2.0)
&, of course procmail (3.2.2) on RedHat Fedora Core 1 (with latest
up2dates).
All is working well, except: my Procmail recipes will not deliver to a
`folder` that I see in my mail client (Mozilla Mail).

Recipe:
:0:
* ^Subject:.*test
$MAILDIR/test

MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail
All mail should be (and is, except for what Procmail filters out, )
delivered to a `mail` user called `bob`.

I want Procmail to deliver to (existing) folders under `bob` but can
only get Procmail to deliver to the inbox of other accounts even if they
don't exist, e.g. here, the mails go to /var/spool/mail/test where I
want /var/spool/mail/bob -> [subfolder] test.
I have read the FAQ`s and understand that there are different types of
mailbox. The problem is: which type do I have and how do I adjust my recipe?

Generally, when you send something that passes a test to a folder, it's
in your home mail directory.    /var/spool/mail  is the incoming mailspool
for all users incoming mail. It's alsp permission-protected (or should be ;)
st you wont be able to do this. Otherwise, anyone could overwrite anyone
elses mailbox.

What you want to do once it passes the test is to then FORWARD it to that
user, something like:

 :0:
 ! test(_at_)hostname

 David Stern                                            University of Maryland
                Institute for Advanced Computer Studies