Mailbox type / Folders

2004-05-18 07:19:10
I am using imap (2002d), sendmail (8.12.10/8.12.10), fetchmail (6.2.0) &, of course procmail (3.2.2) on RedHat Fedora Core 1 (with latest up2dates). All is working well, except: my Procmail recipes will not deliver to a `folder` that I see in my mail client (Mozilla Mail).

Recipe:
:0:
* ^Subject:.*test
$MAILDIR/test

MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail
All mail should be (and is, except for what Procmail filters out, ) delivered to a `mail` user called `bob`.

I want Procmail to deliver to (existing) folders under `bob` but can only get Procmail to deliver to the inbox of other accounts even if they don't exist, e.g. here, the mails go to /var/spool/mail/test where I want /var/spool/mail/bob -> [subfolder] test. I have read the FAQ`s and understand that there are different types of mailbox. The problem is: which type do I have and how do I adjust my recipe?

Many thanks,

Robert von Knobloch