Re: A Duplicates "Mystery"

2004-05-19 14:12:53
At 14:35 2004-05-19 -0500, Jack L. Stone wrote:

Also, added the catch recipe at the top of the procmailrc as suggested by
Sean. However, this does the same as the "redirect" recipe I stuck in last
night that sent to another account. Just didn't have it right at the top
before the dups recipe.

uh, the point is to store a copy BEFORE anything else is done, so that you know how many times it was passed to procmail.

if you suspect issues with procmail, taking action AFTER a bunch of other things has taken place does NOT isolate the problem.

Additionally, don't dig out OLD verbose logs - generate new ones for the current messages and *CURRENT* rcfile contents. Correlating old logs to stuff that ISN'T in your rcfile is a mammoth waste of time.