Re: Rule to filter for letter-number combinations?

2004-05-28 13:16:04
On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 12:50:36PM -0700,
multimedia-fan(_at_)myrealbox(_dot_)com
wrote:

Uh, that's rather long almost non readable run-on sentence.

In all fairness to Kai (and saving the main point for my last
articulated item here), (a) it wasn't a run-on sentence (which
has a specific grammatical meaning); (b) Kai writes pretty well,
most especially considering he's a non-native speaker (I am
pretty sure), and even if we don't consider that;[1] (c) I did
not find his statements to be acrimonious, even when I have
disagreed with some of the premises; and (d) there are some
reasonable things in what he said, even if I am taking a counter
position.

Sean did a reasonably good and thorough job on the point-by-point
reply, so I won't have to cover that same ground when I get around
to responding to that same article a little bit later tonight.
(Thanks, Sean.) :-)  I have a couple of small things to add, and
will do so if I find the time in just a bit.

[1] One "have" in the middle of what I think was his longest sentence in
his paragraph should have been the gerund "having," but other than that,
it read just fine to me and seemed articulate.

--
dman