sandbox delivery variables

2004-07-15 16:46:53
On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at  9:54:46AM -0700, Sean wrote:
For a sandbox to be a near-transparent testing environ, you'll need
to structure your procmailrc - ...

You should use variables to define directories, so that they can be
easily redefined (then your tests don't dump their output into your
regular mail directory).

Indeed.  I've been happily dropping things from my sandbox to production
with a few judiciously-chosen delivery variables; "|" for the sandbox,
and some filename for production.

But now I need to add a mail-it-to-somebody delivery definition to
those variables, and I can't seem to tumble onto the right punctuation. :)

I need something like:

raw-input = "|"             #for development
raw-input = "! $maintainer" #for production

:0 c:
* $!${keepraw:+!}
$raw-input

I've tried surrounding the raw-input def and the action line with about
every combination of backslashes and double and single quotes I can think
of.  I've probably overlooked the ONE that does the trick! :)
Sorry if this in in a faq somewhere, but I didn't see it in the sources
I checked.  What's the trick?

TIA,

Jim