Re: sandbox delivery variables

2004-07-21 04:53:17
On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 02:04:21PM -0700, Jim Osborn wrote:

I've tried several variations on Dallman's suggestion, with these results:

[unsuccessful results snipped]

I'm stumped.  I can't think of any other variations to try. Surely
there's a way to avoid maintaining two entire separate rc files,
short of an installation script that hacks the variables as it installs?

First of all, Jim, I don't think it's entirely fair to state that
the choices are either two separate rc's or a variable action line.
There are lots of other choices, including an "else" recipe with
an "E" flag.

I do sort of do something similar to what you seem to be asking
for, however, in my self-rolled list-admin rc that I created to
manage the Virus Snaggers list.  The list rc I made "listens" to,
at present, only two commands in the Subject: "subscribe" or
"unsubscribe".  It performs a different thing depending on
which one it sees.  And it does this in one recipe.

I did find that the way I could make this work was to do the action
in a condition test, however, rather than on the action line.
Here is part of the code.

This one finds "unsubscribe".  We'd already weaned out above anything
that was not  "^^(un)?subscribe\>", fwiw:

 :0
      * LISTCMD  ??  ^^u
      { SHELCMD = "rm" }
     :0 E
      { SHELCMD = "touch"  LISTINFO = "$HASH/mylists/vsnag.instructions" }

And here, later on in the rc, is where we run the command:

      :0  # 040428 () try our command
       * ? "$SHELCMD" -f "$VSNAG/$MEMBER"
       { LISTCMD_STATUS = succeeded }

On the other hand, Jim, I really was sort of just being cute or too
clever, for the fun of it.  Probably a more straightforward way is
to use an E-flag recipe.  If you are testing, set a var.  (I use "$TEST";
imagine that!)

  :0
  * TEST ?? .

  :0 E