Re: Is there a way

2004-07-21 01:45:28
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, David W. Tamkin wrote:

Udi wrote:

    To make it global, just:

LOGFILE=/dir/procmail/log/$LOGNAME

    (No need for DROPPRIVS=yes)

If you do that inside /etc/procmailrc without dropping privileges, and
procmail is suid root, won't the logfiles be created with root as owner
and root or wheel as group?  The logfiles would have be be world-
readable for their own users to read them, and the users couldn't clear
them out when they get long.

        Right, it's a question of point of view.  In my site if
        the users have problem they call to the system group and
        we figure out the problem and logs.  We prefer that the
        user will not be able to change logs.  In small places where
        the users are more sophisticated you can assume that they
        really do want the control.

        BTW. our log is in:   /var/log/procmail/$DAY
        The DAY is: '+%y%m-%p'  so, we have two logs everyday.

Bye,
 Udi