Re: hash files

2004-07-28 22:31:01
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:17:39 -0600, Justin Gombos
<mindfuq(_at_)zianet(_dot_)com> wrote:
the From: field, isn't it possible for this field to have multiple
addresses?

Multiple addresses in the From?

Wanna think about that?

I also checked the archives for your hashing method.  Maybe I didn't
find the correct post, but it seems you are also stuffing a large list
of addresses into a procmail variable as well.  ie:

"$HASH" is where I have filename hashes.  If $KEYCHECK matches,
 the includerc is run.  One might look like this inside:

  COPY_ME = c  # set to `c' if I'm on list

  LIST_DELIVERY="
  john(_at_)q(_dot_)public(_dot_)com
  paula(_at_)example(_dot_)com
"

I'm a little confused though, because you are not using "\" at the end
of each line to continue your variable definition.

Doesn't need \'s

This is what I do:

# Sean mostly (completely?) wrote this
WHITELIST=$HOME/.friends

# we require a trailing space after the address match, whether an
# mbox is specified or not.
ISLISTED=`grep -i "^$CLEANFROM " $WHITELIST`

# This recipe will set VARIABLEFOLDERNAME ONLY if there is a mailbox
# defined in the whitelist data file.  You can set a default above here, or
# check for a blank VARIABLEFOLDERNAME elsewhere.
:0
$MATCH

.friends contains:

myfriend(_at_)hisdomain(_dot_)tld Friends/MyFriend
MyWokFriend(_at_)company(_dot_)tld Work/MyWorkFriend
MyMom(_at_)domain6(_dot_)tld Family/Mom
etc...

--
gkreme at gmail or kreme at kreme or syth at mac
 :: Don't get saucy with me, Bernaise ::