Re: I'm sure I'm brain dead, but I can't see the problem in this recipe

2004-08-26 02:08:03
On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 10:43:23AM +0200, Dallman Ross wrote:

Angle brackets, had he used them, would not have been quoted.
One does not need to quote angle brackets in procmail.[1]

I forgot my footnote.  (Need more coffee.)

[1] If the angle bracket is the first thing on the
match side of the condition, then it would need to be quoted
to avoid confusion with the size operators.

   * <foo

(trying to look for "<foo" anywhere in the headers) would
need to be written something like

   * ()<foo

Other methods of quoting that tell procmail the leading <
is not a size operator would also work; but the () convention
has proven to be best for meeting the needs of both procmail and
procmailers.

--
dman