Re: I'm sure I'm brain dead, but I can't see the problem in this recipe

2004-08-24 11:54:36
On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 12:32:45PM -0500, David W. Tamkin wrote:
Chuck Campbell said, though it was Bob whose lips were moving,

Now the list address has changed, and I decided to use the following:

:0:
* (^List-id:.*)\<(satalk|spamassassin)\>
sa

Did you drop that in from your rcfile, or did you retype it?  I ask
because ...

My log file says this repeatedly:

procmail: Skipped "* (^List-id:.*)\<(satalk|spamassassin)\>"

but there's nothing there to cause a skipping error.  The first pair of
parentheses are extraneous, but they're harmless.

You have something else in your rcfile that is not letting procmail
understand the line as part of a recipe, something not apparent from the
way you show it in your post.  Maybe it's before those three lines and
you quoted faithfully but too sparingly.

It appears it was the lack of a line.

I cut and pasted the recipe, then added the :0:,  thinking I had missed it in
the cut.  I had because it wasn't there!

In reality, I had this:

* (^List-id:.*)\<(satalk|spamassassin)\>
sa

I'm sure I'm brain dead

I knew I was brain dead...

No, that would be Bob.  He's a dummy.