Re: Procmail and Courier IMAP (was: executing a program on match)

2004-08-28 11:07:08
On 28 Aug 2004 Bill McCormick (wpmccormick(_at_)sbcglobal(_dot_)net) wrote:
David W. Tamkin wrote:

You're tripping yourself up by specifying "/new" instead of letting procmail do it.

This seems to be an undocumented feature (at least in the man pages) of procmail. If I would hae bothered to check beyond the man pages, I would have found this and other useful info regarding procmail and qmail playing nice together in my qmail book (O'Reilly - John R Levine).

Also I posted about it in this August 9 message

 <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.procmail/12131>

which was a reply to a message from you. You need to be using Procmail version 3.15.2 or 3.22 for Procmail to correctly create and deliver to maildir-formatted mailboxes. I go into a lot of detail about this in my Procmail Quick Start.

 -NM

--
Infinite Ink: <http://www.ii.com/>
Reverse Spam Filtering: <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/spam/>