Re: Removing line-wrapped header

2004-09-08 23:10:28
Volker Kuhlmann wrote,

What you're saying though is that a call to sed/awk is the right way
to go.

If you don't like the unfolded results from formail -c | grep -iv, yes, or Don illustrated it in perl.

Bob George wrote:

OK, I'll bite: What were you hinting at? You dropped the interesting tidbit on-list, so inquiring minds want to know.

Nobody was dropping any hints or tidbits. I used to be good at multi-line juggling in sed, and some people here may remember that, but I've simply been not up to par the last few years. Wednesday evening I sat for a long time trying to figure out sed code for Volker's situation, and I just couldn't churn it out. Ten years ago it would have taken me only a few minutes.