Re: Duplicate mail using aliases

2004-10-12 09:42:09
On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 11:14:12AM -0400, Don Woodward wrote:

"Dallman Ross" wrote ">" ...

By the way, notice that in the formail statement above I took the
colon off the end of the From extraction.  I think we don't want to
discard the From_ (top) line.

The "From:" line is being kept - not sure what you mean by "From_".

I mean, as I said, the top line.  In an mbox-style folder, there must
be a top line that starts "From ", and we commonly call that the
From_ in discussing procmail.  The underscore represents a space.
That is different from the From: header.  Look:

  6:30pm [~/Mail] 206[0]> formail -X "From" < SPAMPLE
 From jhouserma(_at_)jaspro(_dot_)de  Sat Sep 25 00:41:42 2004
 From: "Josh Houser" <jhouserma(_at_)jaspro(_dot_)de>

If I put the colon back in, I only get the bottom one.

Formail puts the line back by default if its missing, btw.

Date can be added once I get this working.  Message-ID may be key
to sendmail issue - I'll do some testing with it - the dups have
different message-id's BTW.

!!!!!!!!!  As Ruud said, that changes everything.  And, as he said,
they are not really dupes, then.

--
dman