Re: Duplicate mail using aliases

2004-10-09 12:52:56
On Sat, Oct 09, 2004 at 12:57:06PM -0500, David W. Tamkin wrote:
Dallman Ross wrote:
Well, it still seems to be the explanation, just via a slightly
different angle than I was thinking.  That's because

  formail -k -I "X-Loop: something"

doesn't work; it errors out.

Hmm.  That's a bug.  Without -x, -X, or -r, -k is a no-op, so it's
harmless to specify it.  Your test had no -X in it.

Without the -k, the formail stuff works fine.  And without the
-I and X-Loop, it also works -- though I don't really think Don
wants the -k option to formail.

He needs it to keep -X from dropping the body.

Okay.  I see now what he's doing with the -k and why he wanted
the -X's.  you're right, he does want them.  He's discarding all
headers except the ones specified.  Fine, this works for me
in testing, and I would hope it would work on Don's Solaris
server.  I see no reason for the "w" flag, so I took it out.
I certainly can see no use for a lockfile.

  :0
  *  ^Subject:.*ABCD dead_letter
  *  ^To:(_dot_)*admin(_at_)mydom(_dot_)com
  | formail -k -X "From:" -X "Subject:" \
     -I "To: whomever"                  \
     -X "To:"                           \
     -A "X-Loop: xloop(_at_)mydom(_dot_)com"       \
     -X "X-Loop:"                       \
     | $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS -t

Don, if that doesn't work, turn on your verbose logging and
send the log output, please.

--
dman