Re: Duplicate mail using aliases

2004-10-09 11:51:19
David is right - the "-k" is necessary to keep it from dropping the body of
my message.

A test on my SOLARIS system just proved that.

Don Woodward

----- Original Message -----
From: "David W. Tamkin" <dattier(_at_)panix(_dot_)com>
To: <procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE>
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2004 13:57
Subject: Re: Duplicate mail using aliases

Dallman Ross wrote:
Well, it still seems to be the explanation, just via a slightly
different angle than I was thinking.  That's because

   formail -k -I "X-Loop: something"

doesn't work; it errors out.

Hmm.  That's a bug.  Without -x, -X, or -r, -k is a no-op, so it's
harmless to specify it.  Your test had no -X in it.

Without the -k, the formail stuff works fine.  And without the
-I and X-Loop, it also works -- though I don't really think Don
wants the -k option to formail.

He needs it to keep -X from dropping the body.