Re: /etc/procmailrc sets sets root ownership?

2004-10-19 22:57:25
At 22:08 2004-10-19 -0700, Jeffrey Cunningham wrote:
A few weeks back I asked about setting up a global /etc/procmailrc to
manage spam/virus filtering prior to individual users ~/.procmailrc
configurations being run. It is working fine except that when it puts
mail in the user's home directories, it sets the ownership to
root:mail, which breaks many user email clients (e.g. Thunderbird,
Sylpheed, Sylpheed-Claws, and Kmail).

I suspect this is only true when it is _creating_ the files, versus appending to existing ones.

'man procmailrc' search for DROPPRIVS.

[big snip]