Re: /etc/procmailrc sets sets root ownership?

2004-10-20 10:19:51
Toen wij Jeffrey Cunningham kietelden, kwam er dit uit:

If it is a bad idea to let the global procmailrc deliver the spam
and viruses, what is the preferred way to do this?

Not every user might like a central approach. Of course you
can let the central procmailrc bail out early for a specific
group of users that don't want a central procmailrc do any
work on their mail.
You can test for the existance of some ~/file or grep a list
of usernames against $LOGNAME. You can even give the choice
to allow anti-virus and disallow anti-spam, etc.

I can't believe that
every users procmailrc has to be redundantly set up. Maybe I'm going
about this all wrong. I want users to be able to see the spam they're
receiving, but already sorted out from their regular mail. They need
to be able to see it so they can triage it and refilter mistakes to
train the filters. And they need to see the virus collection incase
someone legitimate sends them an executable attachment. But I don't
want to have to hack this into their procmailrc's each time I create a
user, and leave it there for them to potentially muck with.

You know your user base best. If they don't need or want any options,
then you don't need to provide those.

--
Grtz, Ruud