Re: /etc/procmailrc sets sets root ownership?

2004-10-20 09:02:20
On Wed Oct 20, 2004 at 12:01:40PM +0200,
procmail-request(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE wrote:
From: Michael J Wise <mjwise(_at_)kapu(_dot_)net>
Subject: Re: /etc/procmailrc sets sets root ownership?
To: procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE

Generally a bad idea to let it deliver the mail.

Either:

1) DROPPRIVS, as already mentioned,
2) Set $DEFAULT and drop thru to the user's .procmailrc
3) Find some other way to hint to the user's .procmailrc about
      where *IT* should do with the email.

If it is a bad idea to let the global procmailrc deliver the spam and
viruses, what is the preferred way to do this? I can't believe that
every users procmailrc has to be redundantly set up. Maybe I'm going
about this all wrong. I want users to be able to see the spam they're
receiving, but already sorted out from their regular mail. They need
to be able to see it so they can triage it and refilter mistakes to
train the filters. And they need to see the virus collection incase
someone legitimate sends them an executable attachment. But I don't
want to have to hack this into their procmailrc's each time I create a
user, and leave it there for them to potentially muck with.

Regards

--Jeff